All SAFAA students participate in a rotation each academic year. The students who have demonstrated the highest academic progress get the opportunity to occupy the places in the tuition-free education system on competitive basis.
A scholarship is awarded yearly to SAFAA students who demonstrated excellent and good performance and appropriate conduct.
Full refund of the tuition fee by the State
The State provides full refund of tuition fees in the form of student allowance to the following groups set by the law:
- Students left without parental care and the individuals belonging to their group according to the law of the Republic of Armenia on “Social Protection of the Children Left Without Parental Care”,
- Individuals with disabilities of 1st and 2nd groups and those having status of a disabled child according to the law of the Republic of Armenia on “Social Protection of Disabled People in the Republic of Armenia”,
- Former servicemen receiving military pension for disability of 1st or 2nd groups caused while performing their duties on compulsory military service as well as the children under the age of 27 of deceased servicemen, their parents, husband (wife) according to the law of the Republic of Armenia on “Military Service and the Status of Serviceman”,
- Students enrolled in targeted specialties of utmost importance and priority for the State.
Tuition fee partial refund allocated by the State
- The State annually allocates tuition fee partial refund as student allowance by RA Ministry of Education and Science to students exceeding the minimum threshold of average grade point and students registered in the system for family disadvantage assessment, the following groups with higher point of social disadvantage defined by the Government of the Republic of Armenia each year.
- Partial refund of tuition fee is granted by the State to the following categories of students from the communities, receiving social support included in the annex №1 to the Decision №1444-Ն of RA Government dated December 18, 2014, as well as those who are registered and have been permanently residing for the latest 5 years and completed secondary education in the given community and who are BA or MA level students (including continuous and integrated educational programmes) having been enrolled in the state or accredited non-state HEIs of the RA on full-time or part-time study modes.
Student allowances allocated by SAFAA
The student is entitled to use the partial refund as student allowance in case he/she has exceeded the minimum threshold of average grade point (GPA) set by the SAFAA for Bachelor’s and Master’s academic programmes.
First-year students can use the right to a partial refund of the tuition fee only starting from the second semester of their studies.
SAFAA provides partial refund of tuition fees as student allowance from its own resources for at least ten percent of the students who study in a paid education system. This comprises at least seven percent of the budget formed by tuition fees.
The applications for tuition fee discounts are accepted within two weeks prior to the start of each semester of the given academic year and two weeks after that.
Students with the following status can apply for tuition fee partial refund:
- Socially disadvantaged students (from families having high threshold point), at least 30 percent,
- Students left without parental care after the age of 18- until they attain the age of 23, at least 50 percent,
- Students deprived of one of the parents and under the age of 23, at least 50 percent,
- Students with children under the age of one year, at least 50 percent,
- Students from families having three and more juveniles or three or more student-children, at least 30 percent,
- Group 1 or group 2 disabled individuals, including students who have a disabled parent freedom fighter, at least 30 percent,
- Students who have passed compulsory military service in the units performing military duties, at least 30 percent,
- Students who have participated in the four-day war, at least 50 percent,
- Socially disadvantaged students (from families having a higher point than 0 in the system for family disadvantage assessment) at least 20 percent,
- Students having a better academic progress within two semesters who have been deprived of the right to student allowance with 0.1 point in the competition for tuition fee partial refund, at least 50 percent,
- Syrian-Armenian students, up to 50 percent,
- Students holding other status defined by State Academy of Fine Arts of Armenia.