Awarding ceremony of the “Man of God” exhibition
Yesterday, in the “Albert and Tove Boyajian” exhibition hall, the awarding ceremony of the competition exhibition entitled “Man of God”, which was opened here a week ago, was held by the initiative of “Metsn Nerses” charitable organization. The competition was held in three nominations: painting, graphics and sculpture.
In addition to the three prize-winning places, there was also an encouraging prize, all in monetary terms. 59 works of 45 students were presented (23 works of 19 students from the painting department, 10 works of 9 students from graphics, 26 works of 17 students from the sculpture department), and 12 works among them won prizes.
Tigran Galstyan, director of “Metsn Nerses” organization, His Holiness Anushavan from New York, Aram Isabekyan, head of the Chair of Painting and Drawing, Mkrtich Ayvazyan, acting rector, students, and guests were present at the awarding ceremony.
Before awarding the prizes, Aram Isabekyan greeted the attendees and gave the floor to His Holiness Anushavan. He expressed his delight for the atmosphere of art for that day, considering the competition exhibitions as one of the best ways to disclose young talents, he also informed that the organization started its activities in the days of the 1988 earthquake and that the competition exhibition was more effective, exciting, beautiful and meaningful marking the 35th anniversary as well.
The awarding ceremony was held according to nominations:
- First prize – Mary Hovhannisyan (BA 4th-year student);
- Second prize – Tehmina Tartikyan (MA, 2nd-year student);
- Third prize – Liana Asatryan (BA 4th-year student);
- Incentive award – Mane Makyan (MA, 2nd-year student).
- First prize – Tatevik Sargsyan (BA, 3rd-year student);
- Second prize – Zaruhi Tovmasyan (BA, 3rd-year student);
- Third prize – Aghavni Vardanyan (BA, 3rd-year student);
- Incentive award – Anush Abrahamyan (BA, 3rd-year student).
- First prize – Mushegh Hakobyan (BA 4th-year student);
- Second prize – Aghvan Sahakyan (BA, 3rd-year student);
- Third prize – Kamo Aloyan (MA, 2nd-year student);
- Incentive award – Artur Avagyan (MA, 1st-year student).
The rest of the exhibition participants were awarded participation certificates. The awarding ceremony was closed by a treatment in a cosy atmosphere.