Student expulsion (dismissal) from SAFAA
1) Due to poor academic performance. Exceptions are made for the cases when students demonstrating poor academic performance for the current period, have academic debts of up to 12 credits, with the possibility of two more retakes before the beginning of the final academic year, as defined in the SAFAA grading system, after which the students are subject to expulsion.
2) In cases of non-fulfilment or improper fulfilment of the duties defined by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia, the Charter of the SAFAA, the internal disciplinary regulations of the SAFAA, as well as the study contract concluded between the SAFAA and the student.
3) In case of missing the deadline set by the SAFAA for paying the tuition fee.
Student exemption (release) from SAFAA
1) according to his/her application.
2) in case of moving or transferring to another institution.
An order for the release of a SAFAA student cannot be issued according to his application, if he is subject to expulsion (due to insufficient academic progress, failure to pay tuition fees, and failure to fulfil the student’s obligations under the SAFAA normative acts).
Termination of student’s studies is implemented in case of
1) compulsory military service,
2) academic leave for pregnancy and childbirth as well as care for a child under the age of 3,
3) academic leave for health problems.
A student admitted with the right of deferment from compulsory military service, but expelled (released) from the university, is deprived of the right of deferment.
Resitting academic debts on free of charge basis for the students who did not participate in the exams or who have unsatisfactory academic progress is carried out by examination committees formed according to the procedure defined in the SAFAA assessment system.
The deadline to resitting the academic debts is set before the end of the third week of the given semester.